Our Alma Mater in the 1950's

Our Alma Mater in the 1950's
Reared against the sky

Thursday, February 19, 2015

At my 20th Reunion

It's been quite a while since I posted on this blog. I have to try and remember it's here as I do have a ton of photos I could share.  Anyhow, I had occasion this morning to pull out my 20-year reunion book from 1981 as I wanted to look something up.  Such a corny little book but it was all I could do in those days of typewriters and such.

Things I'd forgotten:
We had 67 for dinner on June 13, 1981 at the Hadlock House. Dave Marriott gave "I Survived the Class of 1961" buttons to teachers -- Phil Raymond, Leila Harms, Randall Thompson, Jeanne Barton, Cecily Nyberg, and Neil Potthoff.

Dave Brown and Susan Hjellen Brown received awards for traveling the furthest. Dave from Alaska and Sue for Alabama.  (They married during our senior year and actually stayed married until Dave's passing a few months ago)

The newlywed award went to Walter Moa and the married the longest was Lorraine Hunter Roberts.

Having the oldest child went to Linda Wilson and having the youngest was awarded to Dave Marriott.

Tom Moss was voted as changing the most and John Ecker as changing the least

After presentations, everyone stood up to say a few words about their lives so far. Highlights included Dave Marriott telling Neil Potthoff to keep it short, and Phil Raymond explaining to us that the reason he never smiled was that his wit was directed at a certain mentality level.

Robert Tuttle received a cheer upon the announcement that he was still a bachelor, and Mary Pearce Gaboury (our Womens Libber) announced that she was glad to be a woman and glad to be a member of the class of '61. Here's how we looked back then. Seven from this photo have since passed on.


No comments:

Post a Comment