Our Alma Mater in the 1950's

Our Alma Mater in the 1950's
Reared against the sky

Sunday, August 22, 2010

1939 Class picture on the steps

I saw Jud Gammage at my class reunion yesterday and he lent me this picture from his mom's collection.  The 1939 graduating class.  I'll post the ID's below it but I may have to make changes once I hear back on whether or not I've interpreted the handwriting identifications on the back of the photo correctly. (you can click on picture to enlarge)


1st row: Miss McLean (Jean Marriott), Lois Nakano, Ila Mayhugh, June Ywarsky (Thompson), Blanche Miller(married 1939),Christine Whiteman, Mary Jane Campbell

2nd row: Genevieve Curry,  Doris Semple (Mrs. John Thompson Feb 1940), Dora Cameron, Clarice Sather, Peggy Ann Southmayd, Leone Maulding, Elizabeth Peach

3rd row: Lois Ardle, Pearl Whitnack, (Mrs. John Weis, Dec 1939),EstherTrager, Hazel Thornton, Francis Morse, Lorraine McCurdy, Pat Osborn

4th row: Lawrence Clayton, Mickey Deleo, Donald Gauthier, Wilkins M.  Scott, Bobbie Jones, Joe DeLeon (died Jan 7, 1940), Pete Donovan, Russell Semple, Jack Barros, Herbert Myers

5th row: Douglas McLarney, Aden Knoph, Ivan Crutcher George Sofie, Theodore Stewart, Bruce Chase, Bob Allan, Joe Cipriotti, John Donovan, Bill Foster, Bertram Steinberg

missing: Morton Barros

1 comment: